As the months get colder and skin get drier, it’s time to change up your skin care routine and show your skin some love. On that note I will be talking about Body Shop’s Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil.
The Product comes with a dropper which makes it easy to apply. I usually take 3-4 drops on the tips of my fingers and gently massage it on my face and neck. A little product goes a long way. It retails for 28$ in Canada. The Claim
According to Body Shop “replenish and recharge skin with moisture overnight.
- 8h beauty sleep for your skin
- Skin feels recharged, replenished and softer
- Skin looks fresher, rested and more radiant
- Our highest concentration of wheatgerm oil
- Non-greasy, fast-absorbing formula”
I love using face oils. Its a relatively new obsession, which started after I fell in love with the Josie Maran Argan Oil (you can read about it here). I really like the Body Shop’s Vitamin E line so I was quite excited to try it. Especially during the winter months, because Vitamin E is known to eases dryness and bolsters skin’s UV defense.
This formula is a 2- in -1 with oil and serum which saves me a step in my nighly skin care routine. I really like the feel of the oil, it absorbs quickly and it’s not at all greasy. I feels smooth on the skin and skin feels hydrated. It didn’t break me out or cause any irritation.
Does it live up the claim?
Mostly Yes!! Skin does feel hydrated and rested. It is absorbed quickly. But it is not a magical formula. You wouldn’t see results overnight. I usually give any product atleast 30 days before I reach a verdict.
Overall I would recommend it to anyone with normal to dry skin, looking to try a face oil.
- Absorbs Quickly
- Non Greasy
- Hydrating (contains wheat germ oil which is rich in Vitamin E)
- Anti-Oxidants (blend of plants oils, including sweet almond, sunflower, sesame, soy, jojoba, and marula oils)
- Perfumed (contains limonene and citronellol) which can irritate the skin
Overall if your not sensitive to fragranced skincare, I will recommend it as a good addition under your night time moisturizer.
Thanks for reading loves 🙂