With holidays just around the corner, whose excited? I know I am.
So many of us end up taking flights to see our loved ones or go on vacations. I usually end up taking a very long flight of 20-25hrs to go back and forth between Vancouver and Delhi. Over the years I have developed a list of things I always have in my carry on.
- Skincare – The air conditioning in the flight really my already dry skin even more dry. I usually take samples or products I get from redeeming points at sephora along with me. Here are somethings I never travel without
- Makeup remover – I carry a small bottle of Michelle water with some cleansing wipes or cotton pads. The first I do after getting on the flight is remove all my makeup. Then I start my skincare.
- Face Oil – My favourite is Josie Maran Argan Oil. I love this stuff
- Eye Cream – I don’t have a favourite yet, so I recommend any moisturizing eye cream.
- Moisturiser – I usually put on a rich moisturizer, especially because I have dry skin. I like using any of these
- Origins Drink up Intensive which is an overnight mask
- Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins Mineral – Encriched Oil free renewal cream.
- Glam Glow Thirst Mud Hydrating mask
- Face Mist – Every hour or so I mist my face to lock in the moisture. My go to in the Caudalie Beauty Elixir. It comes in a travel size, which makes it very convenient for a flight.
- Lipbalm – Any lip balm of your choice or even vaseline works well
- Hand Cream – Again you can pick any hand cream you like. My go to in the Neutrogena Hand cream (shown in picture above)
- Makeup -Right before I am about to reach my destination I reach for makeup. I usually keep it very simple with my makeup. I use some eyeliner, a tinted lip balm and if I am going to be meeting someone straight from the airport I go for a tinted moisturizer or a BB cream.
- Eyeliner – L’oreal Infalliable Super Slim Eyeliner is a go to for me.
- Tinted Lip Balm – I like Maybelline Baby Lips
- Tinted Moisturizer – I am currently loving my Nars Tinted Moisturizer.
- Entertainment – It is so important to have some good entertainment especially for long flights. I always carry
- Noise Cancelling headphones – Helps if your trying to sleep and your seated near the ally or close to babies.
- A good book or two – On my last trip I read Eleanor and Parker by Rainbow Powell, any other suggestions ?
- Phone/Ipad which is stocked with TV shows and movies to binge watch.
- Essentials (a bit TMI)
- Hand Sanitiser
- Travel Toothpaste and Brush – a travel size toothpaste and brush
- Deodorant – I use a fragrance free formula keeping in mind that some people might be allergic to fragrance, like the dove stick antiperspirant. Remember pressurized cans are not allowed in carry on bags.
- Hair Brush
- Glasses – If you wear lens I would recommend carrying a lens case and removing them while on the flight. After all its a good time to rest your eyes and use glasses. Also easier to fall asleep.
- Comfortable Socks – I love the scented socks from bath and body works. My feet always get very cold during flights, so I always slip on a comfortable pair of socks.
- Neck pillow
- Cozy Hoodie/ Sweater
- Scarf – I like to bundle up and be cozy. I always carry my Lululemon Vinyasa scarf because it can be worn in so many ways.
- Wallet, ID/passport and a copy of my ticket.
Lastly avoid carrying expensive things that you will be scared to loose. This helps to be at ease even if you fall asleep. Its now time to sit back and have some me time.
Hope this helps you all and makes your next fight more relaxed.
Thanks for reading lovlies.