According to Sephora
What it is:
An oil-free foundation that delivers full, natural-looking coverage with one drop, for lightweight, 16-hour wear.
What it does:
Achieve full-coverage, lightweight foundation that leaves a natural finish. Highly pigmented and perfectly balanced, this breakthrough, full-coverage formula builds and blends effortlessly. Its Even Tone Technology instantly neutralizes redness and dullness, while it works to reduce discoloration for more even, uniform skin. Perfect for all skin types, it features Weightless Long-wear Technology, an exclusive blend from NARS with flexible polymers and treated pigments that move with the skin while providing 16 hours of staying power.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
“It’s the first time we’ve ever done a high-coverage foundation. We waited for the right moment, when true weightless innovation was finally available. It had to be comfortable, high-coverage, and incredibly long-lasting—the formula really had to be perfect. It’s high-performance, but still very soft and natural.”— François Nars, Founder and Creative Director
In clinical tests:
– Clinically proven 16 hour wear
– Passed anti-humidity test
– Proven to improve skin clarity after 4 weeks
In an independent consumer study after 1 week:
– 93% said the product felt weightless on their skin
– 90% thought the product felt comfortable and breathable on their skin
– 83% thought the product instantly perfected the look of the skin
– 90% agree that the color stay true after hours of wear
It comes in 20 shades and can be purchased from Nars counters, Sephora or Murale in Canada. It retails for CAD58
I have to always shake my bottle before I apply this because the pigment and oils in mine tend to separate and it comes out very watery if I don’t shake it.
My favorite way to apply it is to pump out 1-2 pumps on the back of my hand and use a buffing brush to apply it all over my face. It works really well with a makeup sponge as well. A little product goes a long way.
Since I have drier skin I always use a moisturizer under the foundation. I dont see any dry patches or flakyness.
It is very lightweight, and for a full overage(almost) foundation doesn’t feel like your wearing foundation. I said almost because it’s not as full coverage as say Kat Von D Tattoo Foundation. It blends very easily and doesn’t look cakey as the day passes by. It doesnt setlle into my smile lines like some foundations (phhsst…. Marc Jacobs Remarkable). I have worn it for 14 hours where I put it on at 8 in the morning and take it off at 10 pm and it still hasn’t caked up, become patchy or settled into any fine lines. At the end of the day, I do see a bit of shine in my T-zone but a little blotting fixes that. Overall this foundation wears really well.
Side Note: This foundation has leaked on me twice. Now I keep it separate from my other foundations and standing straight. I also always check that the pump is tightly screwed on before I give it a shake, just be careful with this product. Because of this reason I am scared to travel with it.
My summer shade is Stromboli, it matches me really well this time of the year.
Here is a picture of me wearing this foundation
- Lightweight – Absolutely
- Stays true to color i.e. does not oxidize — Yes!! Thank you Nars 🙂
- Improve skin clarity after 4 weeks — Hmm I am guessing if you wear this everyday for 4 weeks, which I didn’t. There are days I go without any foundation or switch them up. I didn’t see any difference
- Felt comfortable and breathable — Yes!!
- The product instantly perfected the look of the skin — Haha!! I like the use of the word “perfected”. No I didn’t get perfect skin, But I can say, it gives that your skin but better look except with full coverage.
- Has a pump
- Full coverage
- No flashback because it does not contain any spf
- Glass bottle which may leak? making it hard to travel with
My Other Foundation Posts
- Makeup Forever Ultra HD liquid Foundation
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere
- Dior Forever Star
- L’oreal True Match Lumi
- L’oreal Pro Matte
- Maybelline Fit me
This is not a sponsored post. I purchased all the products, all opinions are my own. All pictures are taken by me unless otherwise stated. Please let me know if you use these pictures.